Accenture Security recognized for industry-specific cybersecurity knowledge and proven delivery capabilities
Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has been positioned as a Leader in the latest IDC MarketScape analysis of managed security services (MSS) providers in Europe.
The report, “IDC MarketScape: European Managed Security Services 2022 Vendor Assessment (Doc #EUR146178820, January 2022),” assesses 14 companies based on their service capabilities — including quantitative and qualitative characteristics — across the MSS lifecycle, as well as their scale and geographic presence.
Among Accenture’s notable strengths the report cites are:
- “offers considerable European and global scale as a consulting provider. Its scale has enabled it to develop industry-specific knowledge, security capabilities, and expertise.”
- “has developed a catalogue of automation assets for its portfolio of security services.”
- “runs its global delivery excellence program for security, which leans on four main pillars relevant to European chief information security officers: process standardization; delivery governance, risk and compliance; metrics and analytics; and innovation and automation.”
- “offers intensive onboarding MSS training program, with schools in Naples (Italy) and Prague. It is focusing on training practitioners in the latest topics, including secure automation, cloud, IT/OT, and artificial intelligence / machine learning security applications.”
- “offers myWizard dashboard, which blends intelligent analytics with integration and APIs to help clients achieve standardization of security governance processes through a more personalized experience.”
“Today’s cyber threats are too constant, complex and costly to be tackled alone,” said Paolo Dal Cin, a senior managing director who leads Accenture Security in Europe. “That’s why Accenture continually invests in bringing the best of our global capabilities, including industry-specific knowledge and an understanding of diverse regional regulatory requirements, to help clients better defend against the most persistent threats and strengthen their security posture.”
Following its January 2020 acquisition of Symantec’s Cyber Security Services business, Accenture became one of the leading global providers of managed security services. Accenture further strengthened its cyber defense and MSS capabilities as well as expanded its strong presence across multiple European countries through the acquisitions of Context Information Security in March 2020, and Sentor, Linkbynet, and Openminded in 2021.
“The rapid adoption of cloud services along with remote work practices has added new layers of complexity for IT security practitioners to address,” said Joel Stradling, research director, IDC European Security and Privacy. “The combination of these trends, in addition to the growing sophistication of the cyberthreats companies face, is driving strong demand for MSS in Europe. Accenture offers considerable European and global scale as an end-to-end consulting provider with a strong portfolio that can help protect businesses from these evolving threats in cybersecurity.”
In addition to being named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape, Accenture was recently positioned as a Leader in two Forrester reports on cybersecurity: The Forrester Wave™: Global Cybersecurity Consulting Providers, Q4 2021 and The Forrester Wave™: European Cybersecurity Consulting Providers, Q3 2021.
For more such updates and perspectives around Digital Innovation, IoT, Data Infrastructure, AI & Cybersecurity, go to AI-Techpark.com.