Award-winning healthcare app store adds 100+ new solutions in 2022; program enhancements advance solution discovery, adoption, and speed-to-market
athenahealth, Inc., a leading provider of network-enabled software and services for medical groups and health systems nationwide, today announced it significantly upgraded the athenahealth Marketplace with new features and capabilities designed to help customers and partners further extend the value of athenahealth’s solutions. Highlighting these efforts, the program recently earned a Gold Stevie® Award in the Business Development Achievement of the Year category in the 17th annual Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service.
Over the last year, athenahealth has evolved the Marketplace program’s infrastructure and app store to help healthcare practices easily discover and quickly implement innovative solutions that support their efforts to improve clinical and operational performance. Among the improvements, the Marketplace program now offers:
- Powerful search functionality – including specialty, capability, and athenahealth product filtering – to deliver highly curated results that help customers find solutions that solve their specific business needs.
- Partner tiering and an Accelerate Partner Program that helps customers distinguish which partner solutions are most adopted and highly rated by similar practices and specialties. The program also includes additional benefits to support partner growth.
- A new Marketplace Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Program, which recognizes valuable partnerships with minority-, woman-, LGBTQ-, disability-, and veteran-owned businesses.
- A personalized Marketplace Partner Resource Hub for easy access to program resources, customer leads, and account management tools.
- Enhanced automation in the partner and customer onboarding process, improving partner speed-to-market by 45% and enabling customers to activate in as little as 1-2 business days.
“The athenahealth Marketplace is a fantastic ecosystem of innovators solving some of the most complex problems in our industry. It is another way athenahealth’s open architecture debunks the ‘walled garden’ syndrome that all too often constrains patient data and workflows,” said Chris Voigt, EVP, chief technology officer, Privia Health. “Privia leverages Marketplace solutions in our national platform and allows Privia providers to solve their unique challenges with carefully vetted ‘turnkey’ Marketplace solutions.”
The athenahealth Marketplace plays a critical role in bringing highly innovative yet traditionally disparate digital technologies to healthcare practices and consumers across the United States. The program has seen strong, consistent growth over the years, more than doubling new partner solutions since 2020 to include more than 370 digital healthcare solutions across 60 medical specialties and 62 capabilities, such as remote patient monitoring (RPM), clinical decision support, and care plan management. Further, over 71% of athenahealth customers have adopted Marketplace partner solutions, with thousands of new connections each year.
“The Marketplace is where our customers turn to discover and connect to value-added solutions with speed and ease, so they can achieve better outcomes and grow their businesses,” said Bob Segert, chairman and chief executive officer of athenahealth. “Because we offer the most open platform in healthcare, practices can easily create integrated, innovative user experiences that address their organization’s specific needs. This is especially important in an era where our customers are opening the front door to healthcare and encouraging patients to take more responsibility for self-care using digital tools.”
The Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service are the world’s top honors for customer service, contact center, business development, and sales professionals.
Visit AITechPark for cutting-edge Tech Trends around AI, ML, Cybersecurity, along with AITech News, and timely updates from industry professionals!