Leading code and application security provider achieves three-year revenue growth of 157%, doubles global headcount, expands executive leadership team and rolls out new product offerings
Contrast Security (Contrast), a fast growing company in cybersecurity, today announced its debut on Inc. magazine’s annual Inc. 5000 list, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. Contrast debuted at No. 3080 on the 2022 Inc. 5000 after reporting 157% revenue growth over the last three years. Following a $150M Series E fundraise in November 2021, the company doubled its global headcount, expanded its executive leadership team and introduced several new product offerings designed to empower developers with modern application security tools.
The list represents a unique look at the most successful companies within the American economy’s most dynamic segment—its independent small businesses. Intuit, Zappos, Under Armour, Microsoft, Patagonia, and many other well-known names gained their first national exposure as honorees on the Inc. 5000.
“We are honored to be recognized as a fast growing company by one of the most prestigious awards in the nation,” said Alan Naumann, Chairman & CEO at Contrast Security. “We want to thank our customers for trusting us as cyberattacks continue to accelerate and organizations look to protect their business critical applications. I also want to give a shout out to our employees who strengthen those relationships on a daily basis.”
Company highlights from the last 12 months include:
- $150M in Series E funding to fuel global expansion, led by Liberty Strategic Capital (founded by former Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin).
- Increased partnership with industry titans, including Amazon, GitHub, Red Hat and Microsoft. Partnership platform integrations withGitHub Actions andRed Hat OpenShift. Recognition from Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a partner in achieving theAWS DevOps Competency for DevSecOps. Expansion of application security solutions for the financial sector, in partnership withBackbase.
- Expansion of leadership team, with theadditions of Tara Ryan, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), Jeff Tworek, Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) andBen Goodman, Senior Vice President of Corporate Development and Strategic Alliances.
- Industry analyst recognition, named a “Visionary” in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant ™ for Application Security Testing and a Major Player in theIDC MarketScape: Worldwide Application Security 2022 Vendor Assessment.
- Winner of prestigious awards, with highlights including twoGold 2022 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards for Serverless Security and Application Security, a Publisher’s Choice DevSecOps and Market Leader Software Development Lifecycle Security Award by Global InfoSec Awards at RSA Conference 2022, SC Media 2022 Trust Award Finalist for Best Web Application Security Solution and ranking in the2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™.
- New products and solutions designed to empower developers with security as they code. CodeSec is a suite of free code security testing tools launched in June 2022 that includes the fastest scanner on the market, modern software composition analysis (SCA) and security for cloud-native environments.Contrast Serverless, launched in late 2021 and built on the Contrast Secure Code Platform, provides application security for cloud-native and serverless environments.
The companies on the 2022 Inc. 5000 have not only been successful, but have also demonstrated resilience amid supply chain woes, labor shortages, and the ongoing impact of Covid-19.
“The accomplishment of building one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., in light of recent economic roadblocks, cannot be overstated,” says Scott Omelianuk, editor-in-chief of Inc. “Inc. is thrilled to honor the companies that have established themselves through innovation, hard work, and rising to the challenges of today.”
Complete results of the Inc. 5000, including company profiles and an interactive database that can be sorted by industry, region, and other criteria, can be found atwww.inc.com/inc5000.Methodology
Companies on the 2022 Inc. 5000 are ranked according to percentage revenue growth from 2018 to 2021. To qualify, companies must have been founded and generating revenue by March 31, 2018. They must be U.S.-based, privately held, for-profit, and independent—not subsidiaries or divisions of other companies—as of December 31, 2021. (Since then, some on the list may have gone public or been acquired.) The minimum revenue required for 2018 is $100,000; the minimum for 2021 is $2 million. As always, Inc. reserves the right to decline applicants for subjective reasons. Growth rates used to determine company rankings were calculated to four decimal places. The top 500 companies on the Inc. 5000 are featured in Inc. magazine’s September issue. The entire Inc. 5000 can be found at http://www.inc.com/inc5000.
Visit AITechPark for cutting-edge Tech Trends around AI, ML, Cybersecurity, along with AITech News, and timely updates from industry professionals!