Defendify, an all-in-one cybersecurity platform, announced today they attribute a surge in new Cybersecurity Essentials package sign-ups to the increase in cybercriminal activity targeting small and mid-sized businesses. The package, released in March, offers three award-winning cybersecurity tools that help businesses understand what data security vulnerabilities and threats might impact their organization, and next steps for remediation.
With COVID-19 and the shift to work-from-home, businesses have recently had to make swift operational changes, potentially putting systems, networks, and data at risk if not thoroughly checked and managed. Adversaries are taking advantage of security oversights caused by rapid changes to networks, office devices and distributed work environments to increase attacks targeting businesses without sophisticated security protocols across people, processes and technology.
With the increase in cyber incidents, Defendify has taken the lead on ensuring businesses have access to free, dependable cybersecurity tools that help create awareness around potential vulnerabilities and cyber-criminal activity. Recognized as “Most Innovative” cybersecurity for small and mid-sized businesses by Cyber Defense Magazine, and listed alongside Asana, QuickBooks, and Zoom as valuable technology during COVID-19 and beyond by ReadWrite News, Defendify now is seeing an 88% increase in week-over-week Essentials signups on average since Q2.
According to a recent survey by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), 88% of small business owners claimed they would be vulnerable to a cyberattack due to lack of budget, time, or knowledge of where to begin.
In a random sample of Essentials users who completed the Quick Cybersecurity Health Checkup during onboarding, Defendify found that 70% had a failing grade prior to fully implementing Essentials, with 68% of these at-risk companies in manufacturing or providing some form of business, professional, or technical service.
The Defendify Cybersecurity Essentials package is completely free, and because Defendify is built securely in the cloud, users can deploy in minutes with no additional hardware or software to install. Businesses across manufacturing, professional services, and other sectors have already leveraged the package to evaluate their current cybersecurity strength, identify key gaps to fixed, and know what cyber threats might impact their business.
“As we look at the changes impacting businesses during the past months, simplifying cybersecurity and protecting businesses needs to be top of mind,” said Rob Simopoulos, Co-Founder of Defendify. “Cybersecurity can no longer be an afterthought and there are ways to improve cybersecurity posture today to help protect and grow your business. Essentials does just that, and we’re happy to be able to provide it to businesses at no cost.”
Specifically, in the Essentials Package, the following award-winning tools are included:
- Cybersecurity Assessment Tool: An easy-to-use health checkup based on leading frameworks (e.g. NIST) that measures an organization’s cybersecurity posture with a letter grade, detailed report, and recommendations.
- Network Vulnerability Scanner: A cybersecurity scanning tool leveraging machine learning and advanced logic to automatically search systems, report on, and prioritize security vulnerabilities.
- Threat Alerts System: Helps organizations be informed on recent cybersecurity threats, trending attacks, cyber incidents, and vulnerabilities that could impact an organization.
For additional information:
- Defendify’s free cybersecurity Essentials Package can be accessed at http://www.defendify.io/essentials.
- Defendify also offers a quick and free risk grade option at http://www.defendify.io/mygrade.