30.2% Year on Year Revenue Growth to £205.2 million
23.4% Revenue Growth at Constant Currency
IFRS diluted EPS £0.26 compared to £0.27 in the prior year comparative period
Adjusted diluted EPS £0.57 compared to £0.46 in the prior year comparative period
Endava plc(NYSE: DAVA) (“Endava” or the “Company”) a global provider of digital transformation, agile development and intelligent automation services, today announced results for the three months ended December 31, 2022, the second quarter of its 2023 fiscal year (“Q2 FY2023”).
“Endava reported another solid quarter for Q2 FY2023 as demand for our services across all regions and verticals in which we operate remained healthy,” said John Cotterell, Endava’s CEO. “Even with the global economic uncertainty, digital transformation remains a priority for our clients and they value the transformation services we are delivering. Demand from new and existing clients continued to drive revenue growth in the quarter, leading to a revenue increase of 23.4% in constant currency for Q2 FY2023.”
SECOND QUARTER FISCAL YEAR 2023 FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS:
- Revenue for Q2 FY2023 was £205.2 million, an increase of 30.2% compared to £157.7 million in the same period in the prior year.
- Revenue growth rate at constant currency(a non-IFRS measure)* was 23.4% for Q2 FY2023, compared to 53.4% in the same period in the prior year.
- Profit before tax for Q2 FY2023 was £20.3 million, compared to £19.1 million in the same period in the prior year.
- Adjusted profit before tax (a non-IFRS measure)* for Q2 FY2023 was £41.9 million, compared to £33.0 million in the same period in the prior year, or 20.4% of revenue, compared to 20.9% of revenue in the same period in the prior year.
- Profit for the period was £15.0 million in Q2 FY2023, resulting in a diluted EPS of £0.26, compared to profit of £15.4 million and diluted EPS of £0.27 in the same period in the prior year.
- Adjusted profit for the period (a non-IFRS measure)* was £33.2 million in Q2 FY2023, resulting in adjusted diluted EPS (a non-IFRS measure)* of £0.57, compared to adjusted profit for the period of £26.5 million and adjusted diluted EPS of £0.46 in the same period in the prior year.
- Net cash from operating activities was £40.9 million in Q2 FY2023, compared to £35.0 million in the same period in the prior year.
- Adjusted free cash flow (a non-IFRS measure)* was £37.0 million in Q2 FY2023, compared to £31.2 million in the same period in the prior year.
- At December 31, 2022, Endava had cash and cash equivalents of £185.3 million, compared to £162.8 million at June 30, 2022.
* Definitions of the non-IFRS measures used by the Company and a reconciliation of such measures to the related IFRS financial measure can be found under the sections below titled “Non-IFRS Financial Information” and “Reconciliation of IFRS Financial Measures to Non-IFRS Financial Measures.”
OTHER METRICS FOR THE QUARTER ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2022:
- Headcount reached 12,183 at December 31, 2022, with 11,107 average operational employees in Q2 FY2023, compared to a headcount of 10,391 at December 31, 2021 and 9,167 average operational employees in the same quarter of the prior year.
- Number of clients with over £1 million in revenue on a rolling twelve month basis was 156 at December 31, 2022, compared to 107 at December 31, 2021.
- Top 10 clients accounted for 31% of revenue in Q2 FY2023, compared to 34% in the same period in the prior year.
- By geographic region, 33% of revenue was generated in North America, 23% was generated in Europe, 39% was generated in the United Kingdom and 5% was generated in the rest of the world in Q2 FY2023. This compares to 35% in North America, 21% in Europe, 41% in the United Kingdom and 3% in the rest of the world in the same period in the prior year.
- By industry vertical, 53% of revenue was generated from Payments and Financial Services, 22% from TMT and 25% from Other in Q2 FY2023. This compares to 51% from Payments and Financial Services, 25% from TMT and 24% from Other in the same period in the prior year.
Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2023:
Endava expects revenues will be in the range £201.0 million to £203.0 million, representing constant currency revenue growth of between 14.0% and 15.0%. Endava expects adjusted diluted EPS to be in the range of £0.52 to £0.54 per share.
Full Fiscal Year 2023:
Endava expects revenues will be in the range of £812.0 million to £817.0 million, representing constant currency growth of between 19.0% and 20.0%. Endava expects adjusted diluted EPS to be in the range of £2.20 to £2.25 per share.
This above guidance for Q3 Fiscal Year 2023 and the Full Fiscal Year 2023 assumes the exchange rates at the end of January 2023 (when the exchange rate was 1 British Pound to 1.23 US Dollar and 1.14 Euro).
Endava is not able, at this time, to provide an outlook for IFRS diluted EPS for Q3 FY2023 or FY2023 because of the unreasonable effort of estimating on a forward-looking basis certain items that are excluded from adjusted diluted EPS, including, for example, share-based compensation expense, amortisation of acquired intangible assets and foreign currency exchange (gains)/losses, the effect of which may be significant. Endava is also not able, at this time, to reconcile to an outlook for revenue growth not at constant currency because of the unreasonable effort of estimating foreign currency exchange (gains)/losses, the effect of which may be significant, on a forward-looking basis.
The guidance provided above is forward-looking in nature. Actual results may differ materially. See the cautionary note regarding “Forward-Looking Statements” below.
RECENT BUSINESS HIGHLIGHTS:
- On February 9, 2023, Endava announced the successful closing of a £350 million unsecured, multicurrency revolving credit facility. This facility is for general business purposes, including future capital investments and development activities. The facility replaced Endava’s previous unsecured revolving credit facility of £200 million, which was due to expire on October 12, 2024. It also provides for uncommitted accordion options for up to an aggregate of £150 million in additional borrowing and has two renewal options for one year each.
- On October 6, 2022, Endava announced the acquisition of Lexicon Digital Pty Ltd and Lexicon Consolidated Holdings Pty Ltd, headquartered in Melbourne, Australia (“Lexicon”). Lexicon is an Australian-based technology consulting, design and engineering firm who partners with clients to build new digital solutions or accelerate digital transformation programs across enterprise systems, products and IoT using an agile delivery methodology. Lexicon’s clients include Australia’s market leaders in the insurance and wealth management sectors and an array of companies in other sectors, including entertainment, retail, agribusiness and automotive. Lexicon has 127 billable staff member in Australia (with offices in Melbourne and Sydney) and Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh).
CONFERENCE CALL DETAILS:
The Company will host a conference call at 8:00 am ET today, February 14, 2023, to review its Q2 FY2023 results. To participate in Endava’s Q2 FY2023 earnings conference call, please dial in at least five minutes prior to the scheduled start time (844) 481-2736 or (412) 317-0665 for international participants, Conference ID: Endava Call
Investors may listen to the call on Endava’s Investor Relations website at http://investors.Endava.com. The webcast will be recorded and available for replay until Tuesday, March 14, 2023.
Visit AITechPark for cutting-edge Tech Trends around AI, ML, Cybersecurity, along with AITech News, and timely updates from industry professionals!