Kiromic BioPharma, Inc. (Nasdaq: KRBP), an immuno-oncology target discovery and gene-editing company, with a proprietary artificial intelligence neural network platform (Diamond AI) to develop novel oncology therapeutics, has announced its technology showcases at the recent American Association of Cancer Research (“AACR”) 2021 meeting.
Kiromic BioPharma is using cutting-edge artificial intelligence (AI) technology to select biomarkers to develop CAR-T therapy for solid tumors.
The Company believes that the use of AI will enable it to compress development timelines in ways which are not achievable by its peers who are not equipped with AI technology.
The American Association of Cancer Research recognized Kiromic’s innovation with its acceptance of 6 poster presentations at the recent conference on April 9-14, 2021.
Kiromic’s 6 posters showcased the company’s following technology platforms and advances:
- CancerDiff, a deep data mining engine that harmonizes billions of data points across disease types and states, data types, data structures and data platforms and Diamond AI, a proprietary system which combs through billions of transcription data points across public and private RNA databases to present the best immunogenic peptide candidates for CAR-T;
- CancerSplice, the Company’s 3D, isoform prediction engine, which examines billions of data points to select the best targets;
- Validation of the Company’s AI technology in identifying NY-ESO-1, which is a very well-known target and served as an excellent validation of the Company’s engine’s accuracy;
- Our company also demonstrated that our chPD1 receptor is effective on solid tumors in both in vitro and in vivo models with minimal toxicities;
- We showed that our non-viral gene edit technology could have the same target specificity of Cas9 without the DNA destruction common to HIV integrase;
- Finally we investigated NK as a potential adoptive cell therapy platform for CAR-T.
Dr. Maurizio Chiriva, PhD stated that, “Our mission is to become the leader in allogenic, off-the-shelf CAR-T in solid tumors. Our cutting-edge AI engine for biomarker identification and selection will support our development pathway going forward. We believe that our ability to deliver allogenic, off-the-shelf CAR-T for solid tumors is within reach and that our therapy will offer patients higher efficacy at lower costs. We expect to make this therapy a reality this year.”
Mr. Gianluca Rotino, the Company’s Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, noted that, “We are proud to have set a new record for the number of posters accepted for a single company by the prestigious American Association of Cancer Research (AACR 2021), who accepted 6 of our posters. These poster presentations also broke ground for the number of new technologies that Kiromic is bringing to the world of live-cell therapy (CAR-T).
For more such updates and perspectives around Digital Innovation, IoT, Data Infrastructure, AI & Cybsercurity, go to AI-Techpark.com.