The conference invites executives and clinicians to collaborate and help shape a new era in healthcare
MEDITECH will be hosting the “can’t miss” event in healthcare IT this fall, with its 2nd annual MEDITECH LIVE leadership summit, September 20-22 at the company’s Conference Center in Foxborough, MA. This event unites CEOs, CIOs, CMOs, CNOs, CFOs, and other leaders from across the care spectrum to address the benefits and challenges of working in an evolving digital ecosystem.
“Innovation is an imperative, and healthcare organizations can get the benefits of many exciting new technologies like AI through their electronic health records,” said MEDITECH Executive Vice President & COO Helen Waters.
“At MEDITECH, we know that the industry demands both a solid IT foundation and also open platforms capable of plug-and-play with other tools. It’s an important time to have candid discussions around disruptive forces and our EHRs, how they will impact the way we practice medicine and serve our communities. And the place to get those unique interactions is at MEDITECH LIVE.”
Attendees at this year’s conference will be discussing three key drivers of healthcare innovation:
- Reducing the Clinician Burden – New strategies for reducing staff burdens at a systemic level, by leveraging large language models, NLP, and OCR technologies to remove the tech heavy aspects of the EHR and simply present critical information to inform care delivery.
- Innovative Care Delivery Models – Strategies for redesigning workflows, expanding in new settings, adopting advanced technologies, and realigning care teams in ways that optimize their workforce and improve patient satisfaction.
- Intelligent Application of Data – Approaches for adopting new technologies like AI to use data more dynamically and address escalating financial, competitive, workforce, and consumer demands.
Guiding these discussions will be some of the most accomplished healthcare and technology leaders working today – including two Keynote Speakers who will frame the larger industry trends in healthcare leadership. Paul Keckley, PhD, Healthcare Policy Analyst and Managing Editor of The Keckley Report, will share his vision of the healthcare landscape – particularly the pros and cons of hospital/healthcare system consolidation as a byproduct of rising financial and consumer pressures. Attendees will also hear from author and executive/physician coach Amer Kaissi, PhD, on the most important characteristics of effective leadership during times of transformative change.
Featured Speakers Patricia Florissi, Technical Director, Office of the CTO at Google Cloud and Peter Clardy, MD, MBA, FAANS, Senior Clinical Specialist at Google Health will discuss the impact of GenAI and Large Language Model (LLM) technologies on healthcare’s present and future, and what benefits are in store for clinicians.
Healthcare trailblazers such as CHIME President & COO Russ Branzell, National Coordinator for Health IT Micky Tripathi, Terminology Director for the Gravity Project Sarah DeSilvey, and Commonwell Health Alliance Executive Director Paul Wilder will present their recommendations for addressing interoperability, mobility, and staff retention during the event’s panels discussions and breakout sessions. They will be joined by a diverse group of MEDITECH customers – including HCA Healthcare, Mile Bluff Medical Center, Emanate Health, Signature Health, Hebrew Senior Life, and over a dozen others – sharing their own proven strategies such as:
- Quickly accessing and prioritizing information from multiple sources using Google’s AI-based Search and Summarization tool
- Improving care access and addressing Social Determinants of Health through community outreach
- Reducing staff burdens and improving clinician/patient satisfaction by implementing virtual nursing, ICU, and psych visits.
Also, MEDITECH technology and security experts will be heading a Town Hall discussion, sharing strategic direction and IT best practices on such topics as precision medicine, population health, and cancer care.
“MEDITECH LIVE is an opportunity for healthcare leaders to have critical dialogue with one another, and to make connections that will inspire us all to stay competitive and keep up with the steady stream of innovations we are certain to see in the future,” said Waters. “These are exciting times, and together we are poised for great success as we undertake a new journey for the advancement of EHRs.”
Registration for MEDITECH LIVE 2023 is open to all MEDITECH customers. Learn more and connect with your peers on social media using the hashtag #MEDITECHLIVE2023.
Visit AITechPark for cutting-edge Tech Trends around AI, ML, Cybersecurity, along with AITech News, and timely updates from industry professionals!