Product enhancements create flexible, secure, cloud-based experience to meet business challenges
Lumen Technologies® (NYSE: LUMN) leads the Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) industry, and today the company launched key enhancements to its landmark SASE product. The new features make Lumen® SASE Solutions even more flexible and simplified for customers.
Lumen SASE Solutions is a first-of-its-kind, all-digital experience for the purchase, configuration and management of enterprise SASE. It is a key solution in Lumen’s journey to innovate for growth. The SASE product enhancements that launched today are a direct result of customer feedback.
To see how Lumen SASE Solutions can benefit your business, go to www.lumen.com/sase.
Lumen is Listening
The Lumen SASE approach is focused on simplification to deliver secure, flexible and scalable SASE to organizations of all sizes, in all industries. Customers asked for:
- More insight and control over access to cloud applications on approved and unapproved devices.
- Simplified segregation of private data center and cloud assets, along with expanded SaaS and web security services.
- Access to security services within a centralized, cloud-based experience.
- Simplified adoption of and migration to a cloud-first model with flexibility to quickly scale as needed.
“Lumen is laser focused on what our customers want and need, and our latest SASE updates are a perfect example of this,” said Darren Wolner, Lumen senior director of SASE product management. “There has been a rapid adoption of cloud-based services as more organizations implement hybrid work, but security is paramount to any cloud-based experience. This means savvy organizations soon realized a whole new set of challenges and requirements. We quickly enhanced the product to fit their needs.”
The new features added to Lumen SASE Solutions include:
Security Service Edge (SSE) and cloud-hosted gateways
- SSE is a collection of integrated, cloud-centric security capabilities – including cloud-hosted gateways – that provide safe access to websites. It also includes the access and sharing of sensitive data and user permission management for software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications provided by leading SD-WAN and security partners.
- Cloud-hosted gateways enable organizations to adopt “grow as they go” network and security management features without the need for premise-based equipment.
- Customers benefit from Lumen-hosted gateways because they:
- Enable customers to migrate off shared gateways and onto a dedicated node providing enhanced security and reliability nationwide.
- Provide flexible, centralized security services and dedicated cloud hosting with simplified and predictable pricing.
- Enable secure remote access from virtually anywhere to the customer’s data and cloud applications.
- U.S.-based customers can now deploy premise-based SASE services to locations in Canada and EMEA.
“The new, hybrid perimeter – encompassing the main office down to the remote workforce – has collided with multi-cloud resources. This has created numerous networking and security complexities that are difficult to solve without a customer outcomes-based approach, which few companies can provide,” said Pete Finalle, research manager with IDC. “Lumen is uniquely positioned to provide real business outcomes through a full-featured, cloud delivered, network security stack which benefits directly from their presence in network and cloud infrastructure. Through their digital customer experience and managed approach to solving the complex security-plus-networking dilemma, Lumen is also able to mitigate the deployment and management complexities that often stifle the adoption of SASE.”
Visit AITechPark for cutting-edge Tech Trends around AI, ML, Cybersecurity, along with AITech News, and timely updates from industry professionals!