Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI), a leading global provider of medical technology and automation solutions, and Temple Health, Philadelphia’s 979-bed academic health system, announced today that they are entering into a strategic innovation collaboration. With an emphasis on advancing the forefront remote patient monitoring and telehealth, as well as automating high-quality care, the collaboration may include the use of such innovations as the Masimo W1™ advanced health tracking watch, the Radius VSM™ tetherless, multimodal patient monitor, and Masimo Hospital Automation™ solutions like UniView®, UniView :60™, Halo ION®, and Sepsis Index™ for Patient SafetyNet™. The collaboration is designed to further the organizations’ mutual goals of improving health, increasing care value, and transforming models of care delivery.
Joseph DiMartino, MSN, RN, Associate Vice President of Nursing at Temple University Hospital, said, “Temple Health is committed to driving medical advances through clinical innovation, pioneering research and world-class education. Our commitment aligns with Masimo’s vision for achieving tomorrow’s outcomes and helping institutions like ours improve and automate the ways we monitor physiological status across more care areas than ever before, as well as extend high-quality care beyond the hospital and into the home. We have collaborated with Masimo since 2008, starting with Masimo SET® pulse oximetry, which has then expanded into other technology avenues that really help streamline clinical workflows and put our patients’ safety at the forefront. We are particularly excited by Masimo’s innovations in telehealth, remote patient monitoring, and automation, and how they can help us support improved outcomes for our patients both within and after they have left the hospital. The future is bright with Masimo as a technology partner.”
Joe Kiani, Founder and CEO of Masimo, added, “We are delighted to expand our relationship with Temple Health through this innovation collaboration, and to work hand in hand to explore how Masimo’s monitoring, connectivity, and automation technologies, alongside Temple Health’s clinical expertise, can bring safe, easy-to-use, high-quality telehealth and remote patient monitoring services to their patients. We are committed to improving life, improving patient outcomes, and reducing the cost of care.”
Temple Health and Masimo plan to collaborate in a number of areas, including:
- Demonstrating the future of healthcare, for the benefit of the broader healthcare ecosystem, through the deployment of next-generation technologies, therapies, devices, and systems designed to advance patient-centered care across the care continuum, and especially in the automation, remote patient monitoring, and telehealth space.
- Raising awareness of the importance of health equity by leveraging their expertise and regional influence to positively impact access to quality care for all Philadelphia residents.
- Participation in the Temple Health “Collaboratory,” where the latest Masimo technologies will be trialed and refined before broader deployment.
- Joint investigation of best practices for minimizing technology obsolescence in healthcare, a key focus as automation and telehealth infrastructure become more and more sophisticated.
- Clinical and technological exchanges between key leaders designed to advance the frontiers of healthcare.
- Joint clinical research opportunities in in-patient, out-patient, and home-based settings, with cooperation and co-development on technological innovations.
In the U.S., Masimo W1 as a medical device and Masimo Radius VSM are pending FDA clearance. Sepsis Index is not FDA cleared.
Visit AITechPark for cutting-edge Tech Trends around AI, ML, Cybersecurity, along with AITech News, and timely updates from industry professionals!