New Software Release Advances Active Intelligence® Technologies
Exactech, a developer and producer of innovative implants, instrumentation and smart technologies for joint replacement surgery, announced today the launch of an integrated bundle of updates to its Active Intelligence® technologies, to help surgeons plan and execute shoulder replacement surgery and better predict patient outcomes.
The broad ExactechGPS® Shoulder update incorporates a direct connection to the company’s new Predict+TM machine learning-based software, which is accessible through the company’s upgraded Shoulder Planning App. User experience enhancements and new intra-operative software features further power ExactechGPS, the only navigation system for shoulder and knee replacement surgery. Highlights of the 1.9 software release include:
- ExactechGPS Shoulder replacement navigation software
- Upgrades the user interface, now with visualization tools and views
- Verifies final implant placement for reverse and anatomic shoulder procedures
- Seamlessly integrates with Exactech’s new Ergo® shoulder instrumentation
- Wirelessly transmits case reports, including screenshots of steps and final implant placement, through the AI Surgeon dashboard
- Exactech Shoulder Planning App
- Leverages the power of machine learning with direct connection to Predict+ software
- Enhances case management with a more streamlined pre-operative workflow
- Includes updated reconstruction status features
Orthopaedic surgeon Ari Youderian, MD, of Providence Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo, Calif., believes that applying Exactech’s new Active Intelligence technologies to support the Equinoxe® shoulder system have enhanced the surgical experience for both surgeon and patient. “Exactech’s smart technologies have allowed me to plan, share and execute Equinoxe shoulder replacements with more confidence. These enhancements take the Exactech experience to the next level and help me make the right choices for my patients,” he said. “Exactech is also a pioneer in applying machine learning to orthopaedics. Connecting to Predict+ through the Shoulder Planning App helps me better evaluate my implant choice and communicate expectations with my patients.”
ExactechGPS shoulder is used in more than a dozen countries around the globe. Surgeons can explore all of Exactech’s Active Intelligence technologies at www.AISurgeon.com.
ExactechGPS is a foundational technology that powers Exactech’s Active Intelligence® platform. The company is aggressively expanding this portfolio of uniquely accessible smart solutions to help surgeons engage with patients and peers, solve challenges with predictive tools, and optimize the way they perform surgery. Surgeons can learn more about Exactech’s latest technologies through the company’s live and virtual medical education programs, as well as the Innovations blog at https://www.exac.com/medical-professionals/ .
For more such updates and perspectives around Digital Innovation, IoT, Data Infrastructure, AI & Cybsercurity, go to AI-Techpark.com.