World’s Largest Gathering of Open XDR Users Features Keynotes from CIO at University of Denver, AT&T Cybersecurity Veteran Barmak Meftah
The Open XDR Summit, the world’s largest community of cybersecurity professionals using Open XDR, is hosting its first-ever, live event on June 7- 8 in San Francisco. The Summit offers a unique opportunity to learn from the real-world experiences of security operations professionals using Open XDR to counter today’s most pervasive cybersecurity threats. Featuring security practitioners from industry, academia and MSSPs, as well as thought leaders from the investment, media and consulting sectors, the Summit gives attendees the opportunity to network and hear from their peers about how Open XDR transforms security operations today.
According to Jon Oltsik, Senior Principal Analyst and ESG Fellow, “The Open XDR Summit provides an opportunity for security teams to understand the benefits and real-world outcomes of Open XDR. As more companies look to adopt XDR, this Summit enables attendees to ask their peers specific operational questions based on practical experience. Forums like this accelerate the adoption of technologies that can improve organizations’ cyber-defenses.”
Highlights of the Open XDR Summit agenda include:
Open XDR Enterprise Use Cases – Security leaders will share lessons learned and specific outcomes as Open XDR lowers risk and fosters higher productivity and confidence:
- Balancing Risk and Cybersecurity Costs through a Unified Platform Approach
Russ Kaurloto, Vice Chancellor/CIO, University of Denver
Russ will discuss risk vs. cost, and how to build progressive resiliency into the security stack
- Maximizing Resources for a Win-Win – Expanding the Cyber Workforce While Helping Protect Underserved Communities
Edward Vasko, CISSP, Director of the Boise State Institute for Pervasive Cybersecurity
Ed will share how he trains students and provides Security-as-a-Service to rural communities using Open XDR. He’ll also team with his colleague to discuss the psychology of working through a data breach
- Delivering 360° Visibility Across Your Entire Attack Surface
Jon Mayled, International IT & Security Director, Plastipak
Jon will discusshow his team improved security coverage by migrating to an Open XDR platform
Open XDR Thought Leadership – Sharing a vision for the future: how far can Open XDR go?
- Barmak Meftah, Co-Founder and General Partner at Ballistic Ventures, Former President of AT&T Cybersecurity / AlienVault
Barmak will discuss how he recognized the need for XDR as a company founder and security leader, but did not know what to call it, and why open systems are central to maximizing customer ROI
- Ravi Puvvala, VP Strategic Accounts & Partnerships, HARMAN Automotive
Ravi will discuss the dynamics of an IP fleet of not just automobiles but also vehicle components (like the audio system), and explain how XDR can be used to take asset management to a new level by centrally managing and assessing risks across many mobile assets
- Rik Turner, Principal Analyst, Emerging Technologies, Omdi
Rik, the first analyst to write about XDR in 2018, will share his insights into how it has evolved over the last four years. Rik will also attempt to clarify the differences between Open XDR and XDR, and possibly bring some humor to the debate
- Mike Goin, Vice President Global Channel Alliances, CYRISMA
Mike will share his observations on how the detection and response segments of security technology are transforming from point solutions to platforms—with similar benefits helping customers reduce risk while reducing costs
- Susanna Song, Three-time Award Winning Journalist
Susanna has been following the Open XDR / XDR story from its beginning, and will be interviewing speakers and attendees throughout the Summit
MSSP Open XDR Practitioners – Using Open XDR, these service providers build partnerships with enterprise security teams to deliver effective security solutions at a manageable cost:
- Trevor Smith, Senior Vice President, Brite will speak about how different business verticals are looking for services that map specifically to that business model – for example, healthcare
- Michael Crean, CEO & Founder, Solutions Granted will share his insights on why customers decide to work with an MSSP, and the kinds of questions he gets as customers think through their decision
- Joe Morin, CEO, CyFlare will talk about how customers often want co-managed deployments – not everyone wants a hands-off approach
- Mark Porter, CEO, Highwire Networks will share insights on how customers react to the idea of “Openness.”
- Brian Page, Chief Technology Officer, Xiologix
Brian will discuss how Open XDR prepares you not only to be a successful MSSP, but also to become a partner involved in supporting your clients’ business objectives
MSSP Open XDR Technologists – Using Open XDR, these providers will discuss how advances in machine learning and analysis help security teams identify real attacks earlier:
- Scott Williamson, VP Information Services, Cerberus will discuss the learning curve his team went through, moving from manual rules to machine learning-driven correlation, and the ‘aha’ moment that helped them ‘trust the machine’
- Jeremy Rasmussen, Chief Technology Officer, Abacode will discuss the idea of moving from rules-based SIEMs to automated and ML-driven XDR thinking – what are the hurdles for mass industry adoption?
Attend the Open XDR Summit!
Registration for the First Annual Open XDR Summit is free and open to all. The Summit is located at Open XDR House, two blocks from the Moscone Convention Center. Check here for the complete schedule and list of speakers. The daily format includes regularly scheduled keynotes and panels, Q&As and networking opportunities, as well as complimentary food and drink throughout the day.
What: Open XDR Summit
When: June 7 and 8, 2022
- Session 1: 8-12pm
- Session 2: 12-6pm
- Evening Networking Reception: 6pm – 10PM
Where: Open XDR House, 858 Folsom Street, San Francisco
- Open XDR Summit Website
- Open XDR Summit Registration
For more such updates and perspectives around Digital Innovation, IoT, Data Infrastructure, AI & Cybersecurity, go to AI-Techpark.com.