Full Year 2022 Network Volume grew 49% year-over-year to $7.3 billion; Total Revenue and Other Income grew 58% to record $749 million, above high end of 2022 guidance; Adjusted EBITDA of ($4.8) million
Fourth Quarter Network Volume grew 10% year-over-year to $1.8 billion; Total Revenue and Other Income grew 25% to $193 million; Adjusted EBITDA of ($9.0) million
Company provides 2023 financial outlook
Pagaya Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: PGY) (“Pagaya”, the “Company” or “we”), a global technology company delivering artificial intelligence infrastructure for the financial ecosystem, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full year of 20221.
“2022 was a record year for Pagaya,” said Gal Krubiner, Chief Executive Officer of Pagaya. “We reached over $7 billion in network volume and grew revenue by 58% to $749 million, approximately 7 times our revenue in 2020. We delivered near break-even adjusted EBITDA while operating in the most challenging credit and rate environment in our company’s history. We went public, strengthened our management team, onboarded large strategic partners, including Visa, Klarna and a top 3 auto lender and elevated our SFR offering with our first acquisition. As we continue the momentum into 2023, we will remain focused on driving further expansion and monetization of our network and achieving sustainable profitability on an adjusted EBITDA basis.”
Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2022 Financial Highlights
All comparisons are made versus the same period in 2021 unless otherwise stated
- Network Volume increased 49% to $7.3 billion in FY22 and increased 10% to $1.8 billion in 4Q22, reflecting growth from existing partners and faster growth from newer products, including auto
- Total revenue and other income increased 58% to $748.9 million in FY22 and increased 25% to $192.9 million in 4Q22, mainly due to increased fee revenue from Network Volume growth
- Net loss attributable to Pagaya shareholders of $302.3 million in FY22 and $34.0 million in 4Q22, impacted by share-based compensation expense in both periods of $241.7 million and $18.7 million, respectively. Adjusted net loss of $32.7 million in FY22 and $3.7 million in 4Q22, which excludes share-based compensation expense, a change in fair value of warrant liability, other than temporary impairment loss on certain investments, impairment of goodwill and other intangible assets, and non-recurring expenses
- Adjusted EBITDA of negative $4.8 million in FY22 and negative $9.0 million in 4Q22, reflecting investment in newer products and partners and ongoing financial markets volatility
2022 Business Highlights
- Expanding the network: 6 partners joined the Pagaya network in 2022, including a top 3 lender in auto and Klarna in the Company’s point-of-sale product. Pagaya’s solution is now connected to approximately 20,000 franchise and independent auto dealerships through its partners, with approximately $110 billion in auto application volume evaluated in 2022. The Company expanded its single-family rental (“SFR”) offering with the acquisition of Darwin Homes, creating a technologically sophisticated, fully integrated property technology platform
- Enabling better outcomes for partners & investors: Continued strong application flow from existing and new partners, with over 53 million applications evaluated in 2022, representing 98% growth compared to the prior year. At the same time, with the benefit of AI-driven insights, the Company proactively reduced its conversion ratio by nearly 50% year-over-year, optimizing for investor returns in this environment by shifting the portfolio to a more resilient borrower archetype
- Consistently raising capital: Raised over $7 billion in funding into financing vehicles in FY22
- Improving operating efficiency: The Company remains focused on improving profitability and driving operating leverage with increasing scale and disciplined cost management. Its operating expense ratio, defined as operating expenses excluding stock-based compensation expense as a percentage of total revenue & other income, declined from 43% in the first half of 2022 to 39% in the second half of 2022
|First Quarter of 2023|
|Network Volume||Expected to range between $1.7 billion and $1.8 billion|
|Total Revenue||Expected to range between $175 million and $180 million|
|Adjusted EBITDA||Expected to range between negative $5 million and $0|
|Full Year 2023|
|Network Volume||Expected to range between $7.5 billion and $8.0 billion|
|Total Revenue||Expected to range between $775 million and $825 million|
|Adjusted EBITDA||Expected to range between $10 million and $25 million|
The Company will hold a webcast and conference call today, February 15, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time. A live webcast of the call will be available via the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at investor.pagaya.com. To listen to the live webcast, please go to the site at least five minutes prior to the scheduled start time in order to register, download and install any necessary audio software. Shortly before the call, a copy of the accompanying presentation will be made available on the Company’s website. Shortly after the call, a replay of the webcast will be available for 90 days on the Company’s website.
The conference call can also be accessed by dialing 1-877-407-9208 or 1-201-493-6784. The telephone replay can be accessed by dialing 1-844-512-2921 or 1-412-317-6671 and providing the conference ID# 13735076. The telephone replay will be available starting shortly after the call until Wednesday, March 1st, 2023. A replay will also be available on the Investor Relations website following the call.
Visit AITechPark for cutting-edge Tech Trends around AI, ML, Cybersecurity, along with AITech News, and timely updates from industry professionals!