New offerings from Qumulo and HPE will simplify data storage management for customers, delivering a single, high-performance, cost-efficient solution with enterprise-grade security.
Qumulo, the radically simple way to manage petabyte-scale data anywhere, today took another significant step with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), the global edge-to-cloud company, in simplifying how customers manage data with the announcement of new solutions and security advancements including:
Launch of new hybrid-NVMe solutions- Qumulo, in partnership with HPE – announced new hybrid-NVMe solutions today, featuring Qumulo® software on HPE Apollo 4200 Gen10 Plus servers. These new solutions deliver:
- High-demand performance with the cost efficiency of spinning disks, so customers don’t have to compromise on speed or budget
- As-a-Service simplicity and a modern cloud-like experience via HPE GreenLake
- New enterprise-grade security features include advanced encryption certifications, strengthened authentication, multi-tenant networking and multi-factor authentication-enabled single sign-on support – delivering additional layers of data protection at no additional charge.
“Enterprises shouldn’t have to choose between price and performance, and they definitely shouldn’t have to source multiple vendors that complicate their IT solutions,” said Kiran Bhagesphur, Chief Technology Officer at Qumulo. “The hybrid-NVME platform from Qumulo and HPE delivers all three in a single turnkey solution. And with Qumulo’s additional security advancements, customers can feel at ease knowing their data has additional layers of protection from external threats.”
The hybrid-NVMe nodes are based on the HPE Apollo 4200 Gen10 Plus server, which simplifies deployment and maintenance for data center operations. As the first hybrid-NVMe platform from Qumulo and HPE, this new solution can serve massive scale workloads, with significant NVMe performance gains while lowering cooling and space usage. Qumulo and HPE customers now can choose all-NVMe for performance and hybrid-NVMe for general purpose and archive use cases.
“Unstructured data growth at the edge and in the cloud, as well as in the data center, is a major challenge for IT. Our solutions with Qumulo are all about simplifying file data — wherever it resides,” said Patrick Osborne, SVP & GM of Cloud Data Infrastructure, HPE Storage. “Today’s announcement exemplifies our track record with Qumulo, delivering high-demand file performance at an affordable price, while helping customers simplify and secure file environments. In addition, HPE GreenLake with Qumulo provides as-a-Service consumption to streamline IT operations and free up capital.”
Qumulo and HPE customers also receive a full suite of embedded data services to make managing their unstructured data radically simple, including:
- Real-time data visibility and awareness of where data is, who’s accessing it, and how much is being used for greater predictability and efficiency in capacity planning.
- Intelligent caching, which optimizes for performance and cost by predictively moving data to the right media when it’s needed.
- Built-in layers of data security with FIPS 140-2 certified encryption that comes standard with every deployment.
- Always-ready protection to ensure minimal downtime and near-zero recovery time objective (RTO).
- API-first management software to create, manage, and tear down data services and programmatically retrieve all information with REST calls.
This announcement is the latest in a continuing series of innovations from Qumulo and HPE, who have partnered for several years to deliver file solutions to customers worldwide, across virtually all industries and verticals. Qumulo is a HPE Complete Showcase Solutions partner and was the recipient of the HPE Global Storage Partner of the Year in 2022.
Visit AITechPark for cutting-edge Tech Trends around AI, ML, Cybersecurity, along with AITech News, and timely updates from industry professionals!