SaaS industry veteran joins seasoned executives that support UiPath as businesses prepare for the fully automated enterprise
UiPath, a leading enterprise automation software company, today announced the appointment of Dan Springer to its board of directors. Springer is the CEO of DocuSign, which helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements.
With more than 30 years’ experience leading technology and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) organizations, Springer joined DocuSign in 2017 and oversaw its IPO a year later. The company has since grown to over $1 billion in revenue with more than 750,000 customers and hundreds of millions of users worldwide. Prior to DocuSign, Springer was chairman and CEO of Responsys, where he led its IPO in 2011 and subsequent sale to Oracle in 2013. Earlier, he held roles at Telleo, NextCard, and McKinsey & Company.
“Dan’s experience scaling multibillion dollar enterprise businesses at various stages and sizes will be a valuable addition to our board,” said Daniel Dines, UiPath Co-Founder and CEO. “We’ve added six new members in the past several months, and we’re excited by the board’s collective expertise as we continue to become a trusted enterprise advisor and fulfill our vision for the fully automated enterprise.”
“UiPath has a transformational automation platform and an immensely talented team,” said Springer. “I’m looking forward to working alongside Daniel and the UiPath board to help support the company during this important phase of growth.”
The appointment of Springer expands the UiPath board of directors to ten members – a prestigious group of seasoned business and technology executives from world-leading venture capital and Fortune 500 firms. Led by UiPath Co-Founder and CEO Daniel Dines, the board also includes:
- Philippe Botteri, Partner at Accel: Botteri joined the UiPath board in 2020 and has been investing in cloud companies for the past 15 years. He led Accel’s investment in Docusign and sits on the board of public and private technology companies including Fiverr, Snyk, and Doctolib.
- Carl Eschenbach, Partner at Sequoia Capital: Eschenbach joined UiPath as a board advisor in 2018. He later joined the board of directors in 2021. He brings more than 30 years of operating experience to the board, including 14 years at VMware where he was president and COO. Eschenbach also sits on the boards of Snowflake and Zoom Video Communications, among others.
- Michael Gordon, COO and CFO at MongoDB: Gordon joined the UiPath board in 2020 and also serves as Chair of the Audit Committee. He brings more than 25 years of financial management and business experience to his roles as COO and CFO of MongoDB. Gordon is also on the board of Share Our Strength, one of the nation’s leading anti-hunger organizations.
- Kim Hammonds, Senior Advisor: Hammonds joined the UiPath board in 2020 and is currently a senior advisor and non-executive director to several technology companies. She is the founder of Mangrove Digital Group, which provides technology and business transformation expertise to technology CEOs. She currently serves on the boards of several high-profile organizations including Zoom Video Communications, Box, and Tenable, and was a past board member of RedHat and Cloudera.
- Tom Mendoza, Former President and Vice Chairman at NetApp: Building on years of experience growing NetApp since 1994, both as head of sales and later president, Mendoza brings proven capabilities of rapidly scaling business operations worldwide while maintaining a strong focus on customers and culture. He has sat on the UiPath board since 2017 and currently serves on the boards of Varonis and VSAT Data.
- Laela Sturdy, Partner at CapitalG: Sturdy joined as a UiPath board observer in 2018 and later joined as a board director in 2021. She brings almost two decades of operating and investing experience across many internet and software businesses. At Google, she helped found and scale several businesses in emerging product areas such as video and commerce. She also sits on the boards of Duolingo, Unqork, and Webflow.
- Jennifer Tejada, Chairperson and CEO at PagerDuty: Tejada joined the UiPath board in 2020, bringing 25 years of experience spanning mass consumer products to disruptive cloud and software solutions. She also sits on the board of The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- Rich Wong, Partner at Accel: Wong joined the UiPath board in 2018 and has been a general partner at Accel, a venture capital and growth equity firm, since 2006 with a focus on software. He previously led Accel’s investments in Airwatch and Sunrun, and currently serves on the board of directors of Atlassian and Checkr, among others.