Virtual forum to help companies understand exposure, mitigate business interruption
SOCMA is hosting an Executive Roundtable on October 6 with leading industry experts sharing best practices on how companies can enhance current operating practices to prevent and mitigate business interruption. SOCMA’s Executive Roundtable: Cybersecurity’s Role in Manufacturing is the cornerstone of the association’s Cyber Security Month offerings and will provide a greater understanding of exposure, risks and how companies can address them.
“Now, more than ever, cybersecurity is a vital component to the processes, procedures and very operational foundation of any chemical manufacturing facility,” said Paul Hirsh, SOCMA Senior Vice President, Industry Relations. “Cyberattacks are escalating, and many companies don’t fully understand the threat that exists within their plants. And that is why it is vital for manufacturers to focus on security and protection of their critical infrastructure to ensure business continuity.”
The Roundtable will focus on:
- How companies can identify vulnerabilities,
- The importance of protecting against threats, and
- Mitigating impacts through cyber insurance as part of a risk management program.
Expert panelists include:
- Aarti Soni, Senior Vice President, Cyber Director, McGriff
- Michael Belling, Assistant Vice President, McGriff
- Brian Sullivan, President & CEO, FitNetworks LLC
- Matthew Fleming, Client Success/Relationship Development, FitNetworks LLC
“Technology plays an integral part in not only a company’s digital infrastructure but also its manufacturing operations,” Hirsh said. “Through the Executive Roundtable, companies will receive actionable solutions for preventing cyber criminals from accessing critical information, disrupting their operations and causing reputational loss.”
For more such updates and perspectives around Digital Innovation, IoT, Data Infrastructure, AI & Cybersecurity, go to AI-Techpark.com.