How does Microsoft Azure ensure utmost security and implement industry-best practices to create a safe environment for cloud and hybrid infrastructure? Read more to know
What is Azure Security?
Threat Intelligence is the need of the hour and enterprises are struggling with keeping their infrastructure and devices safe from penetrating attacks. Microsoft offers Azure Security to deal with workload security and protect hybrid environments with real-time actionable insights derived from a vast array of sources, driven by behavioral analytics, ML, and application-based intelligence.
Microsoft has something known as the Microsoft Azure Security Center.
What is Microsoft Azure Security Center?
It is a leading product for security posture management as well as threat protection for hybrid and cloud workloads. It is important for organizations to comply with the regulations and still be able to quickly identify threats and vulnerabilities while setting their ducks in a row for their investigation practices, and Microsoft Azure Security Center does just that. Powered by AI and automation, and combined with Azure Defender, it can transform the security practices of any organization with ultimate ease and protection.
Cybersecurity strong holds for Microsoft Azure
There is no doubt that Microsoft is dominating the security arena with its intelligence-driven products and services, but what are some of the best practices for Security in Azure that bump the company to the top of the list?
There are various different domains and categories that Microsoft Security excels in, some of them being –
- Database security
- Network Security
- Data Security
- Operations Security
- Mobile Applications Security
While there may be many different practices, tools, and strategies that the company follows to achieve the highest level of expertise in security, some of the most common best practices are
- Using and enabling multi-factor authentication for conditional controls
- Utilizing sign-on authentication for reducing the use of password- based authentication resulting in minimization of the scope for password compromise.
- Making good use of vaults that can be backed by app development framework-specific mechanisms that are in the favor of protecting data in the app.
- Enabling Distributed Denial of Services Protection for enhanced network security
- Disabling Remote Desktop Protocol and Secure Shell protocol to ensure that the attacker cannot reach the Azure virtual machine and carry out the planned attack.
- Using site-to-site VPN connects that are capable of connecting an entire on-premise network over the internet to another virtual network.
- Utilizing products such as Azure RBAC that can control the user access using key vault access policies and specific plane requirements, depending on the need.
- Protecting data at rest, meaning securing the data stored in cloud, containers, objects, and even media with management solutions.
- Turning to Zero Trust Approach where access is conditional depending on the network location, device, etc and enabling port access after workflow approval, along with similar practices.
- Deploying DMZ i.e. a logical or a physical segment that can offer an added layer of security in the middle of user assets and the internet.
- Streamlining environment creation with tools like the Azure Blueprint that can enable cloud architects as well as central IT groups to define a repeatable set of resources that adhere to the organizational patterns, standards, and requirements.
- Monitoring end-to-end scenario-based network security by automating remote monitoring, suitable for the current landscape, and gaining insight to the network inflows.
Why Microsoft Azure Security?
Azure Security is a wide-spread security framework and solutions provider that can help the modern enterprises in maintaining utmost security and keeping up with the top security industry standards. With the expansion of cloud and hybrid infrastructures, organizations now are in the dire need of a robust public cloud service platform that can support the broad selection of architectures and back them with data science expertise and the best analytical practices for security.
For more such updates and perspectives around Digital Innovation, IoT, Data Infrastructure, AI & Cybsercurity, go to AI-Techpark.com.