Spark Connected, (www.sparkconnected.com) a global leader in developing advanced and innovative wireless power technology and system level solutions, revealed The Minotaur wireless charging solution today – designed and engineered to charge tablets.
The Minotaur 30W solution provides breakthrough power, efficiency, flexibility, and ease of integration required to charge the thinner, portable, more powerful devices that enable our increasingly connected world. This solution is ideal for many consumer and industrial portable devices and applications available in the market today that require power levels higher than 15W including tablets, Chromebooks, large form factor smartphones, MedTech, gaming, and Industry 4.0 devices.
According to Ruwanga Dassanayake, Chief Operating Officer at Spark Connected, “I am enormously proud of the breakthroughs we have made with our 30W wireless charging technology for tablets. With the industry’s best-in-class performance at a stunning 95% efficiency, The Minotaur provides charging parity with cables and has the added benefit of backward and forward compatibility with existing wireless chargers in the market.”
The market for wirelessly charging tablets shows rapid growth. “From a wireless power technology perspective, the tablet is a relatively untapped application showing great market potential,” says Dinesh Kithany, lead industry analyst on wireless power and power supply at Omdia. “Based on Omdia Wireless Power Market Tracker, nearly 100 million tablets are expected to adopt wireless power technology in the next five years, from 2020-2024.”
Highlights of Spark Connected’s Minotaur 30W solution includes:
- Complete 30W Transmitter and Receiver ready for product integration
- Best-In-Class efficiency and performance at 95% DC-DC efficiency
- Interoperability with existing wireless charging enabled smartphones and chargers
- Foreign Object Detection (FOD) ensures safe power transfer
- Small form factor allows integration into small and thin devices
- Meets strict regulatory requirements
- Powered by the Infineon XMC™ Wireless Power Controller
- Consumer and industrial applications